A beautiful friend of mine told me that she had two donuts for lunch!
I simply could not let her out eat me on the donut front could I… that would be wrong on so many levels! So, I created these! Cardamom donuts with Orange Blossom Cream. Let me just stop a second to say, OH MY GOODNESS!
Not only are these amazingly simple, but, they are completely, eye closing, mmmmmm sounding, smile inducing, delicious! I should get them onto a Supper Club menu soon as I need everyone to taste them!
If you, like me, are a donut aficionado, give these a go and let me know your thoughts!
If you enjoyed reading and would like to be kept up to date with new yummy recipes, please follow my page (the link is at the bottom of my home page) or my Instagram account @mylittlepersiankitchen & Facebook page @mylittlepersiankitchen
Serves: 6 or 1 very hungry, greedy mummy!
- 70g butter
- 500g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 70g sugar
- 1 egg
- 260ml milk
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- vegetable oil for frying
- 600ml double cream
- 100gm icing sugar
- 2 tsp orange blossom water
- pistachio slivers to decorate
Prep:15min › Cook:5min › Ready in:20min, less if you are impatient ;0
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in butter. Mix in the sugar.
- Beat egg and milk together. Make a well in flour mixture, then pour in the egg mixture. Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on a well-floured surface to about 1cm (1/2 in) thick and cut to shape of choice. Personally, I use 2 different sized biscuit cutters.
- Fry in hot oil (at approximately 180 degrees C) for 30 seconds, turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper until cool. Roll in sugar and cardamom and set aside.
- To make cream, combine icing sugar, double cream and orange blossom syrup in a bowl. Whisk on a medium speed for around 3 minutes. Pipe into the centre of the donuts and don’t forget to lick the spoon!